• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help Please! Moving to Belgium, working remotely for UK company!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please! Moving to Belgium, working remotely for UK company!

Hi!

I'm relocating to Belgium in a couple of months and the company I work for here in the UK is ok with me working remotely from there (I can work from anywhere with an internet connection).

We're moving because my wife is starting a new job there and we'll probably be there for at least 1 year, up to 3.

The company I work for has asked me how I would like to set myself up. I've gone to my accountant who has advised setting up a ltd company based in the UK and drawing dividends (and be IR35 compliant for April).

Is this the best way around my situation, or can you think of a better way? Are there people I should be talking to?

I've had a look at the overseas guide here, but there's not much I can find pertaining to my circumstances given that I'm still working remotely for the UK based company.

Thanks in advance.

Read the first few and last few pages of this... https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-security.html

You will need proper advice on this - I recommend Sue@IPay who answers questions like this these days, but I would advise paying for good advice. Belgium LIMOSA rules can bite you hard on the arse if you get it wrong.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
    X