• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Out by one issue with IR35" or "whether to work Mar 2020"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Out by one issue with IR35" or "whether to work Mar 2020"

So I had been burying my head in the sand about IR35 and thinking don't work past Apr 2020 and wait over summer to see what happens.

But I read Fee-payer responsibilities under the off-payroll working rules - GOV.UK and

"The new rules apply to any payments made to the worker’s intermediary on or after 6 April 2020. This is the case even if the work was done before 6 April 2020."

So if I work Mar 2020 and my invoice gets paid (far too late) in Apr 2020 for the work (as is usual) this falls under IR35 changes?

Would it be safer to run for the hills at the end of Feb and not work Mar? Or am I reading the rules wrong?

OK with further reading of the forum I can see I'm (sadly) right.

Just wondering why people are recommending leaving Feb 24 and not 28th? I usually get my invoice paid around the 19th of the following month?

Originally posted by gruntling View Post
    So I had been burying my head in the sand about IR35 and thinking don't work past Apr 2020 and wait over summer to see what happens.

But I read Fee-payer responsibilities under the off-payroll working rules - GOV.UK and

"The new rules apply to any payments made to the worker’s intermediary on or after 6 April 2020. This is the case even if the work was done before 6 April 2020."

So if I work Mar 2020 and my invoice gets paid (far too late) in Apr 2020 for the work (as is usual) this falls under IR35 changes?

Would it be safer to run for the hills at the end of Feb and not work Mar? Or am I reading the rules wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by gruntling View Post
      OK with further reading of the forum I can see I'm (sadly) right.

Just wondering why people are recommending leaving Feb 24 and not 28th? I usually get my invoice paid around the 19th of the following month?
      It's a rule of thumb, 7 day time sheet, 30 days payment terms etc.

DYOR
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! - The Sky is Falling!

ffs

yet another one

Comment

Working...
        X