• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Determination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Determination

Hi All

While its the clients responsibility to determine IR35 status going forward what sort of documentation are people getting with the decision ? Is it getting specified in contracts, separate forms ? ?

I am thinking about situations where the client may change their minds (from out to in) and I wish to walk and point to a change that gets me out of a "now" inside gig etc.

About to extend my contract beyond March (maybe) and this is going to start to bite.

Cheers
    Last edited by dx4100; 22 January 2020, 12:59.

Have I asked a stupid question or do people genuinely don't know ?

Comment

You mean the format of the SDS?

There is no precise format, only that reasonable care must be taken in compiling the SDS and that it must indicate status and explain why that decision was reached.

Bear in mind that the legislation isn't even enacted yet and won't be until the next Finance Act.

Comment

Working...
      X