• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Found inside and pension contributions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Are you saying that you
    1. Took HMRC to court
    AND
    2. Won the case
    AND
    3. Got them to reopen closed tax years to allow you to resubmit your returns with different values on them
    you know very well what I'm saying. What I find disturbing is that given HMRC's lying and devious conduct over IR35, that there are still many, like you, who still do not wish to use any weapon we can against HMRC. Perhaps you are an HMRC mole, or part of the establishment? You can bend over and be shafted, but I won't be. There are issues surrounding the politics of my case that you are not aware of and gave me encouragement and insight on how to handle such situations. So I do have some experience and knowledge, despite your attempts to denigrate them.

Let me give you an analogy. Others have used such methods on these fora to demonstrate their thinking and I would say most were very appropriate.

The New Zealand All Blacks have a propensity for adopting tactics, which at the time of deployment are not illegal and have won games as a result. The spear tackle on Brian O'Driscoll being one example. I've adopted the same approach. Don't play the game as the establishment expects, look for ways of winning the game which are not exactly illegal, but don't play to the rules.
    Last edited by JohntheBike; 24 January 2020, 09:35.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      you know very well what I'm saying. What I find disturbing is that given HMRC's lying and devious conduct over IR35, that there are still many, like you, who still do not wish to use any weapon we can against HMRC. Perhaps you are an HMRC mole, or part of the establishment? You can bend over and be shafted, but I won't be. There are issues surrounding the politics of my case that you are not aware of and gave me encouragement and insight on how to handle such situations. So I do have some experience and knowledge, despite your attempts to denigrate them.

I'm saying you're very good at taking topics way off topic, and claiming that you have legal knowledge of how things work, then when challenged you say that you proved the opposite.

Very little or possibly none of what you have posted in this thread has been of use to MrButton in terms of answering his query, but has been more about your empty vessel making a lot of noise.
      Please cease and desist from derailing threads.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I'm saying you're very good at taking topics way off topic, and claiming that you have legal knowledge of how things work, then when challenged you say that you proved the opposite.

Very little or possibly none of what you have posted in this thread has been of use to MrButton in terms of answering his query, but has been more about your empty vessel making a lot of noise.
        Please cease and desist from derailing threads.
        Very little or possibly none of what you have posted in this thread has been of use to MrButton in terms of answering his query
        Mr. Button would clearly have to be judge of that I would say and I don't deliberately set out to take things off topic as you claim. It's just seems to be a natural drift.

Comment

Working...
        X