• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 day loan from Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Don't buy the car.

Check out leasing options for electric cars and read up on the BIK from April onwards.
    Is this REALLY such good advice given the current climate and the likelihood of contractor limited companies dying out?
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      I would have thought you could delay payment by 2 days with the car dealer.
      Credit card would make sense.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

For loans over £10K, you have to pay interest to YourCo at the official rate, or more. The official rate is 2.5%.

The amount of interest you pay is 2.5% * loan balance * whole months the loan is outstanding / 12. Beneficial loan arrangements (480: Chapter 17) - GOV.UK.

The number of whole months the loan will be outstanding is zero.

So, you have to pay interest, but the interest due will be zero.

Confirm with your accountant, of course. But I can't see any reason you can't do this.

I'd definitely recommend clear paperwork with a minute of a board meeting confirming the loan, the term and amount. I'd make it terminate the 5th, personally, just in case your money is delayed, but so as to terminate it in the same tax month in which it was issued. I don't think it matters if it is outstanding for less than 30 days, but I wouldn't want to give HMRC any wiggle room for claiming it was a month since it crossed tax months. That's probably an excess of caution, however, but it's what I'd do.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
          For loans over £10K, you have to pay interest to YourCo at the official rate, or more. The official rate is 2.5%.

The amount of interest you pay is 2.5% * loan balance * whole months the loan is outstanding / 12. Beneficial loan arrangements (480: Chapter 17) - GOV.UK.

The number of whole months the loan will be outstanding is zero.

So, you have to pay interest, but the interest due will be zero.

Confirm with your accountant, of course. But I can't see any reason you can't do this.

I'd definitely recommend clear paperwork with a minute of a board meeting confirming the loan, the term and amount. I'd make it terminate the 5th, personally, just in case your money is delayed, but so as to terminate it in the same tax month in which it was issued. I don't think it matters if it is outstanding for less than 30 days, but I wouldn't want to give HMRC any wiggle room for claiming it was a month since it crossed tax months. That's probably an excess of caution, however, but it's what I'd do.
          Good advice but zzzzzzzzzz

It’s for 2 days, do it buy car

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
            No major implications if it’s repaid in 2 days and the existing loan is repaid before the 9 month deadline following the end of your financial year.
            Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            If you can avoid there being any loan outstanding at year end, that's best
            I thought the loan has to be repaid 9 months after the end of the financial year? Why is it heat to have it cleared at the end of the financial year?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I thought the loan has to be repaid 9 months after the end of the financial year? Why is it heat to have it cleared at the end of the financial year?
              That's not what I said.

Yes it does have to be repaid by then but if you don't have anything outstanding at year end, it's one less excuse for HMRC to want to have a poke about

Comment

That's not what I said.

Yes it does have to be repaid by then but if you don't have anything outstanding at year end, it's one less excuse for HMRC to want to have a poke about
                Ah fair enough
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Ah fair enough
                  My tin foil hat says HMRC may want to see evidence of repayment and while they've got the hood open let's have a little look about...

Comment

My tin foil hat says HMRC may want to see evidence of repayment and while they've got the hood open let's have a little look about...
                    HMRC are the enemy now

No more friendly fire

Comment

In what universe would they even care

Bad bad advise

Comment

Working...
                      X