• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Client - Question - Risk of Retro Inspection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still a small risk. Not zero, if you’re literally doing the same thing in the same way, but small, given the gap and duration. You are not going to be a high priority. It’s not like a move from outside to inside consecutively at the same client/agent where all the dots are aligned to shaft you.

Comment

Hey Mate,

Yeah - I was also thinking this. Glad to think you have similar logic....

P.S - im in the process of MVLing anyway, so hopefully HMRC can shrug their shoulders and move on to an easier target.

Comment

/thread
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No-one can truly quantify the risk.

Do you trust HMRC? Do you trust your client? Do you even trust yourself?

The answer to the last one seems to be zero for a lot of people as they feel they have to turn to a bunch of anonymous people on the internet rather than decide for themselves what level of risk they are prepared to take both personally and professionally.

I don't trust HMRC and whilst I like my client I know they will look after themselves and would throw me under a bus if it came to it. I trust my own judgement as it's kept my business running for the past 15 years.

I am not comfortable with the level of risk of working outside, self-determined, and swapping to inside, client determined, doing the same work for the same client. Therefore, when my client finally makes their mind up, I have a clear path ahead of me (albeit a potentially bumpy one) and I will take the consequences as they present themselves.

Stop whining and make your own minds up instead of second guessing every flight of fancy you can come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            No-one can truly quantify the risk.

Stop whining and make your own minds up instead of second guessing every flight of fancy you can come up with.
            good luck with that.
            every other thread ffs.

Comment

Working...
            X