• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Same Client or Different Client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Client or Different Client?

Hello fellow contractors!

Need peoples opinions here. I used to work for a client called IQVIA Biotech under a PSC for a period of up to 2 years. Now ive been offered the same role from another client called IQVIA this year, with whom I plan to work for under an Umbrella if I accept the gig.

After some research, it looks like IQVIA biotech is a seperate division/business unit to IQVIA. When looking at companies house, they appear to have their own LTD profiles, however the registered address is the same and so are the shareholders.

IQVIA LTD. - Overview (free company information from Companies House)
    IQVIA BIOTECH LTD. - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Both clients have their own websites, but IQVIA have a CEO and looking on their website under their leadership team, IQVIA biotech has their president listed there (not a CEO).

To me, i would consider them the same client....What are your thoughts folks? Same client or diff client (mind you whilst working for IQVIA Biotech, on my bank statements i used to receive payments from "IQVIA Biotech LTD" and not the parent company "IQVIA LTD".)

They are different legal entities.

EDIT: Oh IQVIA Ltd used to be Quintiles. How very interesting. I used to work for one of their competitor companies back in the 1990's - 2000's before I quit the permie life.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 1 February 2020, 16:24.

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseflan View Post
      Hello fellow contractors!

Need peoples opinions here. I used to work for a client called IQVIA Biotech under a PSC for a period of up to 2 years. Now ive been offered the same role from another client called IQVIA this year, with whom I plan to work for under an Umbrella if I accept the gig.

After some research, it looks like IQVIA biotech is a seperate division/business unit to IQVIA. When looking at companies house, they appear to have their own LTD profiles, however the registered address is the same and so are the shareholders.

IQVIA LTD. - Overview (free company information from Companies House)
      IQVIA BIOTECH LTD. - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Both clients have their own websites, but IQVIA have a CEO and looking on their website under their leadership team, IQVIA biotech has their president listed there (not a CEO).

To me, i would consider them the same client....What are your thoughts folks? Same client or diff client (mind you whilst working for IQVIA Biotech, on my bank statements i used to receive payments from "IQVIA Biotech LTD" and not the parent company "IQVIA LTD".)
      Why would you care?

Please don’t say retro investigations?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Haha - Ghost, im afraid that indeed was my concern. Retro Inspection!

@ladymuck - Yes, IQVIA used be Quintiles. Quintiles merged with a company called IMS Health to form QuintilesIMS and then I think last year QuintilesIMS changed to IQVIA.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          They are different legal entities.

EDIT: Oh IQVIA Ltd used to be Quintiles. How very interesting. I used to work for one of their competitor companies back in the 1990's - 2000's before I quit the permie life.
          /thread
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

hey northern,

what does /thread mean?

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseflan View Post
              hey northern,

what does /thread mean?
              It's probably a way of saying "have you asked your accountant?"

Comment

Yep, he said he wasnt sure lol

Comment

No it means end of thread. Nothing else to be said.

For bold in text you open it with B and close it with /B. With square brackets etc.
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 2 February 2020, 14:56.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X