• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK ltd Company Contractor working in the Republic of Ireland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK ltd Company Contractor working in the Republic of Ireland

Good afternoon

I would welcome some advice. I am a UK based IT contractor with my own Ltd Company.

I am considering taking a contract role in Dublin but not sure how this fits regarding IR35 etc.

Can I continue as I always have and put my travel, accommodation, expenses etc. through my company? How would HMRC see this?

Any help would be welcome, i.e. people to speak to for advice or contractors in the same situation.

Many thanks

Paul

Originally posted by The Tester View Post
    Good afternoon

I would welcome some advice. I am a UK based IT contractor with my own Ltd Company.

I am considering taking a contract role in Dublin but not sure how this fits regarding IR35 etc.

Can I continue as I always have and put my travel, accommodation, expenses etc. through my company? How would HMRC see this?

Any help would be welcome, i.e. people to speak to for advice or contractors in the same situation.

Many thanks

Paul
    Contact some Irish accountants: icon accounting or contracting plus or ipaye.
    Whatever about HMRC the Irish Revenue will request tax earned in Ireland is paid in Ireland especially if contract is >30 days.

You will most likely have to go umbrella but worth speaking to experts.

Comment

PSC / Umbrella in ROI

Happy to have a chat about your options, if it would be useful.

Kind Regards

Sue

Comment

Go to Google and type in

Dublin site:contractoruk.com/forums

Plenty of interesting threads on this exact topic.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Tester View Post
          Good afternoon

Many thanks

Paul
          Info on using UK Ltd is here. https://fenero.ie/knowledge/contract...e-irish-tax-2/

If you need to use an Irish Ltd, icon accounting are good. Director's Umbrella is the way to go.

Do not underestimate costs if in Dublin.

Comment

Working...
          X