UK ltd Company Contractor working in the Republic of Ireland UK ltd Company Contractor working in the Republic of Ireland
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Nervous Newbie

Default UK ltd Company Contractor working in the Republic of Ireland

Good afternoon

I would welcome some advice. I am a UK based IT contractor with my own Ltd Company.

I am considering taking a contract role in Dublin but not sure how this fits regarding IR35 etc.

Can I continue as I always have and put my travel, accommodation, expenses etc. through my company? How would HMRC see this?

Any help would be welcome, i.e. people to speak to for advice or contractors in the same situation.

Many thanks

Paul

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by The Tester View Post
    Good afternoon

I would welcome some advice. I am a UK based IT contractor with my own Ltd Company.

I am considering taking a contract role in Dublin but not sure how this fits regarding IR35 etc.

Can I continue as I always have and put my travel, accommodation, expenses etc. through my company? How would HMRC see this?

Any help would be welcome, i.e. people to speak to for advice or contractors in the same situation.

Many thanks

Paul
    Contact some Irish accountants: icon accounting or contracting plus or ipaye.
    Whatever about HMRC the Irish Revenue will request tax earned in Ireland is paid in Ireland especially if contract is >30 days.

You will most likely have to go umbrella but worth speaking to experts.

Should post faster

Default PSC / Umbrella in ROI

Happy to have a chat about your options, if it would be useful.

Kind Regards

Sue

My post count is Majestic

Go to Google and type in

Dublin site:contractoruk.com/forums

Plenty of interesting threads on this exact topic.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by The Tester View Post
    Good afternoon

Many thanks

Paul
    Info on using UK Ltd is here. https://fenero.ie/knowledge/contract...e-irish-tax-2/

If you need to use an Irish Ltd, icon accounting are good. Director's Umbrella is the way to go.

Do not underestimate costs if in Dublin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018