• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SIPP and getting money put before 55

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIPP and getting money put before 55

If you have SIPP and some money in it after 55 yo you can get 25% tax free and the rest at your current tax rate.
    Question is can you do this before 55 of course the 25% tax-free is out of question, but if you take money out what are the taxes/penalties?

Clue. Google minimum age for withdrawing pension.

General please.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
      Question is can you do this before 55 ?
      No you can't.

Comment

Should I have asked an 8 year old to Google this for me?
        Yes but don't do it 270 times via various social medias.

Comment

If you have SIPP and some money in it after 55 yo you can get 25% tax free and the rest at your current tax rate.
          Question is can you do this before 55 of course the 25% tax-free is out of question, but if you take money out what are the taxes/penalties?
          Depending on your age the earliest you can take a pension is now 58, I wouldn't pin your hopes on getting it early
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Depending on your age the earliest you can take a pension is now 58, I wouldn't pin your hopes on getting it early
            Still 55 as far as I know for personal pensions.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
              Still 55 as far as I know for personal pensions.
              For now... By the time some people get to 55 it's going to be higher.

Comment

Yes you can.

If you have a terminal illness with less than 12 months to live you maybe able to access your private pension before 55.

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
                  Yes you can.

If you have a terminal illness with less than 12 months to live you maybe able to access your private pension before 55.
                  </pscont mode>
                  Dus this mean I can get diagnozed with flu in a train terminal and get meh pension early??? Then route it via Isle of (wo)Man to ensure no tax liability????
                  </pscont mode off>

Edit: Thought this was General, from NLUK's comment. Apologies. Still, the point stands I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                    </pscont mode>
                    Dus this mean I can get diagnozed with flu in a train terminal and get meh pension early??? Then route it via Isle of (wo)Man to ensure no tax liability????
                    </pscont mode off>

Edit: Thought this was General, from NLUK's comment. Apologies. Still, the point stands I feel.
                    <pscont>How much of my pension can I give to my best friend? He has four legs and a tail so can I give double the amount tax free? </pscont>

Comment

Working...
                    X