• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It was a good run...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    And these are contractors who know what's going on.
    IT contractors. It's easy to miss out a word.

The stupid compiler knew I meant to put that word in there, why doesn't it just fill it in for me?

Comment

Why would you think taking perm in the same place was a good idea? HMRC will have you for that.

I'm joking, I did read the OP properly. Good luck, and congrats on landing the job. I made the same move recently. Obviously we will never be delighted with the fact we're both probably nudged towards it given the state of the market but I have to say I'm enjoying the safe place from which I can monitor the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
        What makes you think that's even an option elsewhere? He's been offered a perm job elsewhere. The brolly job offer was in his old role and possibly left him vulnerable to historical IR35 problems. There's nothing in what he said to indicate he had an option between brolly and perm elsewhere.

Reading comprehension has not been strong in this thread.
        What makes some people react on serious threads in the manner of a 1970s police interview ? Is emboldened text the signifier of a small mind ? Come on sonny, we know you did it.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Which part of the word elsewhere did you not quite comprehend?
          The elsewhere bit

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            What makes some people react on serious threads in the manner of a 1970s police interview ?
            Perhaps the fact that it was not only in the original post but that the point had been made (once with bold) twice in comments that preceded yours, and you still missed it?
            Originally posted by unixman View Post
            Is emboldened text the signifier of a small mind ?
            That's possible. Or alternatively, maybe the writer despaired of the fact that using bold once hadn't got the message through.

If it's a serious thread, perhaps people should take it seriously, by reading the original post carefully, and by noting other comments which have been made and not making the same stupid mistake as others.

Comment

It was a good run...

Bit more context for all. Leaving big 4 end of month (they did give me the option of extending and going inside, same day rate. I wasn’t comfortable going inside at the same end client).

Im starting at a new company, never worked there, different sector altogether, in March. I Should speak to my accountant, still got a fair amount of divi to take, but also will get paid in March via PAYE at the new place).

Rate has been £600 p/d on average the past 5 years. I was using an IR35 calculator, it suggested £108k was the equivalent for going inside.

New role is paying a little bit north with car allowance. Bonus etc still to come on top.

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings. I’ll see how it goes, give it 3-6 months - I enjoyed moving around tbh. Might get bored after a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by ee00ffk; 12 February 2020, 19:31.

Comment

Originally posted by ee00ffk View Post
                Bit more context for all. Leaving big 4 end of month (they did give me the option of extending and going inside, same day rate. I wasn’t comfortable going inside at the same end client).

Im starting at a new company, never worked there, different sector altogether, in March. I Should speak to my accountant, still got a fair amount of divi to take, but also will get paid in March via PAYE at the new place).

Rate has been £600 p/d on average the past 5 years. I was using an IR35 calculator, it suggested £108k was the equivalent for going inside.

New role is paying a little bit north with car allowance. Bonus etc still to come on top.

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings. I’ll see how it goes, give it 3-6 months - I enjoyed moving around tbh. Might get bored after a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All these crazy kids with their 4 posts coming along telling us of their £100k+ salaries now that HMRC has helped save their careers by helping them out of contracting.

And me this old relic with 20+ years experience in IT can't scrape a shiny new permie job paying even half that.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  All these crazy kids with their 4 posts coming along telling us of their £100k+ salaries now that HMRC has helped save their careers by helping them out of contracting.

And me this old relic with 20+ years experience in IT can't scrape a shiny new permie job paying even half that.
                  yeh. - there're some good stories, right enough

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

im not that far behind you 15+. Certainly in London, Salesforce roles tend to pay well. Come across a fair few in the mid 80's to low 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by ee00ffk View Post
                      im not that far behind you 15+. Certainly in London, Salesforce roles tend to pay well. Come across a fair few in the mid 80's to low 90s.
                      Oh dammit it's the Salesforce hammer of remorse for me again.

You might have seen my many words of regret on this already
                      https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2727827

It's too late for me. Save yourselves!

Comment

Working...
                      X