• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It was a good run...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a good run...

Decided today to take the plunge and go permanent. Given the big 4 I work at has been told by their end client cough cough (bank..) is mandating PAYE or Umbrella staff only post April. Its been a good fives years (various end clients) at a decent rate and the new role elsewhere is paying the PAYE equivalent with the all the usual permy benefits.

Still I somewhat seem slightly not happy about the whole affair.

Will keep the ltd open for another 3 - 6 months (last invoice still needs paying, due end of March) before MVL'ing and ER, incase the permy life doesn't take..

Hopefully it all settles down

Same company ???

If so lube up for HMRC

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Same company ???

If so lube up for HMRC

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Which part of the word elsewhere did you not quite comprehend?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have you stayed at the same client / desk as a permie or moving on to another company?

It's really not a great idea to stay at the same desk as Hector will certainly take an interest.... Doh - Just noticed elsewhere.... Hope it all works out for you.

Comment

I'm sure the PAYE equivalent is really the equivalent

Comment

Originally posted by ee00ffk View Post
            Its been a good fives years (various end clients) at a decent rate and the new role elsewhere is paying the PAYE equivalent with the all the usual permy benefits.
            For those seemingly missing the operative word...

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
              I'm sure the PAYE equivalent is really the equivalent
              Cynic...

Comment

Why not just go brolly?

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  Why not just go brolly?
                  What makes you think that's even an option elsewhere? He's been offered a perm job elsewhere. The brolly job offer was in his old role and possibly left him vulnerable to historical IR35 problems. There's nothing in what he said to indicate he had an option between brolly and perm elsewhere.

Reading comprehension has not been strong in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                    What makes you think that's even an option elsewhere? He's been offered a perm job elsewhere. The brolly job offer was in his old role and possibly left him vulnerable to historical IR35 problems. There's nothing in what he said to indicate he had an option between brolly and perm elsewhere.

Reading comprehension has not been strong in this thread.
                    And these are contractors who know what's going on.

Now imagine the 95% who don't know exactly what's going on and have the comprehension skills of the people we are mocking on this thread and / or have an accountant as good as the one who took the Accountancy Age article as accurate and didn't do any research.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X