• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounting Period for Corporate Tax on HMRC online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting Period for Corporate Tax on HMRC online

Hi,

I set up a new limited company on 30 June 2018.
    So I had to submit my first Corporate Tax Return (CT600) at the beginning of this year 2020.
    This covered the period 30 June 2018 - 30 June 2019.

The status of the submission is "submission complete" but when I click on it it says "Submission in Progress - Further checks are being carried on, please check in 30 days.".

So I assume it's fine, they are just checking some of the information but that I submitted it correctly.

But when I click on "Accounting Periods" on my online account, there is a drop-down menu on the top and I can only see "Account Period ending: 30 June 2020 - Live".

I can't see the period for which I submitted my first corporate tax (30 June 2018 - 30 June 2019).

Is that normal? Will it appear after HMRC have fully processed my submission?

The issue is that I want to pay my Corporate Tax Return but I cannot find the Corporate Tax Reference code. On the page "Accounting Periods" it shows me the reference for the period "30 June 2020 - Live" but not to the one I submitted the CT600 for.

So I am a bit lost here and I'm worried something is wrong with my submission?

Thank you.

What did your accountant say about it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What did your accountant say about it?
      I have no accountant (which I understand is a bad thing usually).

But if anyone is managing their own accounting and had the similar issue, please let me know.

For a basic contractor, the accounting part is not that hard once you look into it but I find the HMRC tools to not be always efficient.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X