• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to get an Electric Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Type electric site:contractoruk.com/forums in to Google and have a read of all the other threads on electric cars.
    majority of posts are way out of date - new EV tax changes April 2020 change everything

Comment

Originally posted by sybadm View Post
      Do you know if one can buy Second hand/Used Electric Car on Company and still avail same BiK benefits?
      I think it is only for new EV cars registered after April 2020??

Comment

Originally posted by abcdef4 View Post
        I think it is only for new EV cars registered after April 2020??
        to show why you need an accountant you are wrong see Company Car Tax: Does it now pay to go electric with your fleet? | Rouse Partners | Award-winning Chartered Accountants in Buckinghamshire

in one statement you confirm you don’t know enough to do this yourself without screwing up.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hi - we are EV converts - we have a 2nd hand nissan leaf as the family 2nd car and we are never going back. I am 100% out of ir35 and drive approx 600 miles a month that are genuine business miles. I drive a diesel suv and want to get rid of it. Buying a new EV [ likely to be a kia e-niro ] is going to be a very good decision.

The options are:
          1. take out a personal loan and buy the car myself - and I can claim 600 x 45p a mile a month [ and considering an EV costs about 1p a mile to run this is a good thing]

2. take out a company loan or lease and use the car as a company car - no Bik in year 1 and 1%/2%in y2 and y3 - so this is beneficial. mileage is only claimed at 4p a mile though

3. use salary sacrifice - which I cannot work out how this will work - I have some calls next week with leasing companies to discuss. Is the car 'mine' - i.e can I claim 45p a mile for mileage [or is it the companies so 4p/mile] - makes a difference to the numbers.

cheers
          Erm, you’re a sole director and employee but your LtdCo is soon to have two cars?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

in one statement you confirm you don’t know enough to do this yourself without screwing up.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the link - I have no intention of doing this without an accountant - but mine does not seem to know!

"This 0% rate also applies to company car drivers in pure electric vehicles registered prior to April 6, 2020. Additionally, the 0% rate will also apply to company cars registered after April 6, 2020, "

is useful

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Erm, you’re a sole director and employee but your LtdCo is soon to have two cars?
              existing nissan leaf is owned by my wife and nothing to do with the business - best car we've ever owned

Comment

this will be our 2nd EV - already have a 2nd hand leaf - once you get one there is no going back!
                At least, not without charging the battery

Comment

existing nissan leaf is owned by my wife and nothing to do with the business - best car we've ever owned
                  The Leaf has been left behind especially regards battery management and charging, there are far better alternatives in the same price range.

The Kia E Niro, E Soul, and Hyundai E Kona as well as the slightly smaller Renault Zoe leave the Leaf trailing.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    The Leaf has been left behind especially regards battery management and charging, there are far better alternatives in the same price range.

The Kia E Niro, E Soul, and Hyundai E Kona as well as the slightly smaller Renault Zoe leave the Leaf trailing.
                    I suspect the Kia and Hyundai still have some battery management issues - mind you I don't think the Leaf has any battery management so anything would be an improvement on that..

It is one area where I suspect Tesla is ahead of everyone else.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X