• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Registering for Self Assessment- CWF1 form

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering for Self Assessment- CWF1 form

I cannot figure out wtf the point of CWF1 form is.

This page

Register for and file your Self Assessment tax return: Register if you're self-employed - GOV.UK

Suggests that if I havn't sent a return before, then I don't need this CWF1, I just 'register online' ie complete a form with no name.

CWF1 only needed if I have already sent a return. But in this case, why do I need to register at all!?

?

What did your accountant say?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What did your accountant say?
      My former accountant just said 'I need to fill out CWF1'. I do not currently have one and wasn't planning on getting another one.
      Last edited by proudfeet; 14 February 2020, 03:18.

Comment

Originally posted by proudfeet View Post
        My former accountant just said 'I need to fill out CWF1'. I do not currently have one and wasn't planning on getting another one.
        Get a current accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by proudfeet View Post
          I cannot figure out wtf the point of CWF1 form is.

This page

Register for and file your Self Assessment tax return: Register if you're self-employed - GOV.UK

Suggests that if I havn't sent a return before, then I don't need this CWF1, I just 'register online' ie complete a form with no name.

CWF1 only needed if I have already sent a return. But in this case, why do I need to register at all!?

?

Sorry about the NLUK bot he's a bit of a one trick answer merchant.

You need to register your self-employed status with HMRC so you can pay the National Insurance contributions. The method depends on whether you have a UTR from a previous self-assessment registration or if you need to do it all online. The CWF1 form is if you have already got the online registration for self-assessment in place so you are just informing them of the status change to self-employed rather than needing to set it all up.

So if you have 10 digit UTR and an online self-assessment government gateway login then complete the CWF1 form, otherwise register online via the government gateway.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Sorry about the NLUK bot he's a bit of a one trick answer merchant.
            Best answer for him in the long run I'll wager.

Comment

Did you get sorted?

Did you manage to get sorted with this?

Cheers,

Jason

Comment

Working...
              X