New to Contracting - Advice Please New to Contracting - Advice Please
Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Nervous Newbie

Default New to Contracting - Advice Please

I have just started contracting on a daily rate basis, I have requests from potential clients who would like to contract me on 2 days a week basis to do handover days free of charge? this after already spending a day across three visits to talk about the role.

My thoughts are to decline even if it means missing out on the work, wondered if anyone has similar experience and can offer advice please.

Godlike

Entirely up to you but you're a mug if you're going to do work and not get paid for it.

My post count is Majestic

You are aware of what is happening to the contracting industry at the moment aren't you?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Still gathering requirements...

I'm not sure I follow. Are the clients paying anything at all? What is it you do?

Godlike

It's business and sometimes you have to do things in business that don't benefit you immediately.

However, one might be inclined to tell the client that in life and in business, they get what they pay for.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by EVConsult1 View Post
    I have just started contracting on a daily rate basis, I have requests from potential clients who would like to contract me on 2 days a week basis to do handover days free of charge? this after already spending a day across three visits to talk about the role.

My thoughts are to decline even if it means missing out on the work, wondered if anyone has similar experience and can offer advice please.
    Im guessing you've previously posted about buying or leasing an EV via your limited and this is your first post under your new forum name?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!