• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More dividend for past tax year after SART submitted.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More dividend for past tax year after SART submitted.

Second opinion. Acct asked.

I have submitted my ty18/19 SATR and paid the tax owed. I still have room for dividends there taxed at 7.5%.
    Can I reopen the SATR and pay myself more backdated dividends?

Something like:

declare a dividend at 5 April 2019, and make the payment today for example then to file an amended 18/19 return with HMRC?

Originally posted by pscont View Post
    Second opinion. Acct asked.
    I presume your accountant told you that you are an idiot if you think this would work, and that if you keep asking these kinds of questions he'll drop you.

My second opinion is that your accountant would be right if he said that.

Comment

the OP should have his own subforum.
      failed tax dodges or summat.

Comment

The above <modsnip> aside, anyone to contribute something of value?

Comment

Dividend payment date | AccountingWEB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Different question. That was whether you could pay the same dividend to two different shareholders with different dates for the dividend. The answer was no.

OP is asking if he can decide now that he actually paid a dividend a year ago. The answer is no, and if he got caught trying it on he'd be done for tax evasion.

Can Her Majesty's guests post on CUK? If not, that would be a silver lining to the scenario.

Comment

I thought you didn’t have an accountant, because you thought you were too smart to need one?
              And if YOU submitted your SATR, not a professional, paid accountant, that would explain a lot.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I have submitted my ty18/19 SATR and paid the tax owed. I still have room for dividends there taxed at 7.5%.
                Can I reopen the SATR and pay myself more backdated dividends?
                No.

Perhaps Sir should pay a bit more attention to his tax position at the time when it is important to do so?
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

The above twats aside, anyone to contribute something of value?
                  Need to refer to post 1 to identify the real idiot.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                    No.

Perhaps Sir should pay a bit more attention to his tax position at the time when it is important to do so?
                    Oh he did. He knows he can't pay his dog anything and kids can't be main shareholder or pay his grandad 100k cash in an envelope and any others I forgot about. He just ignored the proper stuff while he was doing all that.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X