• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant fees for closing Limited Co

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a quote from InTouch to shutdown my company recently - 695 + VAT!

Seemed pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by rectifier View Post
      I had a quote from InTouch to shutdown my company recently - 695 + VAT!

Seemed pricey.
      Would this include MVL assistance where your accountant might be required to liaise with liquidator? Otherwise, it does seem high if the fee is to just cover closedown of the payroll scheme, VAT de-registration and the DS01 striking off application. We charge £150 plus VAT and will include also our tax efficient advice on the strike off but the fee might be higher if it is a more complex case.

Comment

Accountant fees for closing Limited Co

Originally posted by Chart Accountancy View Post
        Would this include MVL assistance where your accountant might be required to liaise with liquidator? Otherwise, it does seem high if the fee is to just cover closedown of the payroll scheme, VAT de-registration and the DS01 striking off application. We charge £150 plus VAT and will include also our tax efficient advice on the strike off but the fee might be higher if it is a more complex case.
        Afaik they will put together the final accounts and deregister VAT/PAYE But don’t think they will liaise with the liquidator on your behalf.

I started this process with Intouch 3 weeks ago and gave them everything they need. So far they have deregistered as an employee. They are estimating another 4 weeks to get the accounts done and VAT deregistered.

IMO vastly overpriced. But not worth my effort to find someone else to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
          Afaik they will put together the final accounts and deregister VAT/PAYE But don’t think they will liaise with the liquidator on your behalf.

I started this process with Intouch 3 weeks ago and gave them everything they need. So far they have deregistered as an employee. They are estimating another 4 weeks to get the accounts done and VAT deregistered.

IMO vastly overpriced. But not worth my effort to find someone else to do it.
          Aaaannnnnddddd 11 weeks after instructing them they’re still saying “soon”.

Comment

Originally posted by ih8ir35 View Post
            So I'm a Limited Co providing services to financial insititutions. I have recently given my accountants notice that I would like to close my company. My company ceased trading end of July 2019 when I went permanent employed. My previous tax year ran from April 1, 2018-March 31, 2019, so I still have Corporation tax and Self Assessment due for April-July 2019. The company has no assets.

So to produce the final accounts, file my self assesment, submit a DS01 form (strike off a company from the register), and issue a P45, I'm being charged a grand total of GBP 385+VAT as part of their (appropriately named) "wind-up" procedure.

I pay £84 monthly fee and additional £60 year for Self-Assesment.

Apart from the £10 to Companies House, has anyone else had to pay accountancy fees to close their Limited Co ?

Who is your accountant if I may know? Can I get the details in private please? I think this is a fair price....
            I was paying double a monthly fee that was double than that and was also unhappy with their services, since I had to do the job myself at the end... and to strike off the company they asked me for £1000+VAT...
            Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X