• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 BBC Radio 4 - MoneyBox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 BBC Radio 4 - MoneyBox

12 noon today on BBC Radio 4.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    12 noon today on BBC Radio 4.
    Only the very basics of the topic were mentioned and not much debating . There wasn't even any mention of the impact on expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by PTP View Post
      Only the very basics of the topic were mentioned and not much debating . There wasn't even any mention of the impact on expenses.
      That’s because the presenter is pro IR35 even though he works through his own PSC.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Unbalanced view

I just listened to the Moneybox piece on IR35 and was appalled by the lack of balance - contractors were basically labelled as tax dodgers who deserve whats coming. I expected better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallisker25 View Post
          I just listened to the Moneybox piece on IR35 and was appalled by the lack of balance - contractors were basically labelled as tax dodgers who deserve whats coming. I expected better.
          Why? To most people we look like tax dodgers simply because we pay less tax.

The only battleground we could win on is working away and so requiring expenses but we've already lost that battle in 2015 (although few people picked up the fact at the time).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

The only battleground we could win on is working away and so requiring expenses but we've already lost that battle in 2015 (although few people picked up the fact at the time).
            Completely agree with you. I could perhaps entertain working paying more tax (even though it rankles re: Employee rights) but I will no longer be able to afford to stay in hotels. So, the movable/flexible work-force will cease. It is not a matter of 'biting the bullet' it just an economic fact I woud not be able to afford to stay over during the week. I am curious to know what this 2015 ruling was? It maybe I did not know it was any different!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Exacty. Really surprises me that having dodged IR35 for twenty years, folks express surprise at lack of sympathy out there. "£100k+ a year contractors asked to pay a bit more tax" plays well to the bloke in the street. Best start getting used to it. The UK out is out of line with the rest of the world on this, it's been a long time coming. Be grateful.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Being honest the most interesting take I have seen is #IR35 and negative impact on house prices in rural areas - House prices and the economy - House Price Crash Forum

Will west wales or other areas be hit by those people who have done well enough to be able to work away lose out..
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  That’s because the presenter is pro IR35 even though he works through his own PSC.
                  He was surprisingly less vehement about his views this time around. He trotted out the party line, as expected.

Dave Chaplin did his best but it's hard in a 5 minute vox pop to get the issue across clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    You sure about that (the PSC bit, he is very pro IR35) I always thought he made it clear he was "old school" self employed
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X