• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 BBC Radio 4 - MoneyBox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You sure about that (the PSC bit, he is very pro IR35) I always thought he made it clear he was "old school" self employed
    It might have been an assumption. I recall it but cannot reference it.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by dommy View Post
      Completely agree with you. I could perhaps entertain working paying more tax (even though it rankles re: Employee rights) but I will no longer be able to afford to stay in hotels. So, the movable/flexible work-force will cease. It is not a matter of 'biting the bullet' it just an economic fact I woud not be able to afford to stay over during the week. I am curious to know what this 2015 ruling was? It maybe I did not know it was any different!
      Back in 2015 there was a move to remove expenses from limited company contractors - I defeated that* *using a survey conducted here and elsewhere) but HMRC kept the changes in part so expenses are only allowed if the contract is outside IR35 or you are working via an umbrella company and not subject to Supervision, Direction and Control..

* although IPSE argue it was them, I just go with what the senior HMRC policy civil servants I met tell me. I will leave you to look at IPSE's subsequent successes in fighting the 2017 public sector and 2020 private sector changes to judge how accurate IPSE's claims were.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

House of Lords from 15:15 today

parliament.tv
        https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/5633642f-f49...
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post

parliament.tv
          IPSE are discussion Freelancer Limited Companies once again - let me think of the numbers of ways I can call that a blooming stupid idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post

parliament.tv
            Again, try this link

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Inde...3-c1b2b480b914
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              IPSE are discussion Freelancer Limited Companies once again - let me think of the numbers of ways I can call that a blooming stupid idea...
              Well apparently it polled well with members. It was the evil CC who put the kybosh on it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Well apparently it polled well with members. It was the evil CC who put the kybosh on it
                Yep - it polled will with people that didn't look into the idea.

Anyone who spent 5 minutes looking at it could see the flaws (for it has many) and what the end result of those flaws would be (something that would make you no better off than inside IR35)..
                Last edited by eek; 24 February 2020, 16:44.

Comment

It would get IPSE some new members...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

What scares me, is if any sane person listens to this and the previous HoL committee it’s a no brainier. What we don’t see is what HMRC say to ten HoL when presenting “the other view”
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Start preparing your notes for a radio phone in on the reforms. LBC Wed 6pm

https://twitter.com/ClaerB/status/1232003900661780480

Comment

Working...
                      X