• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closure of the Books and the Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closure of the Books and the Company

Hi All.

A newbie here looking for some advice.

Before proceeding for MVL of my Ltd. Company, I am looking to close my books and the company.
    For this, my accountant has given a quote of £1350 plus VAT.
    This would include
    - VAT Scheme closure
    - PAYE Scheme closure
    - Finalise books and pay remaining taxes

Would boarders have any advice on whether this is a reasonable quote and/or there are other considerations I should give. Please do note, there are other liquidation and disbursement fees to follow.

Regards
    Sidd

It's a bit pricey if that's all they're doing.

Mine closed my bank account and did all of the accounts before closing it with Companies House as well.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Reply to Thread

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      It's a bit pricey if that's all they're doing.

Mine closed my bank account and did all of the accounts before closing it with Companies House as well.
      Thanks Cojak. If I may ask, at what cost ?

Comment

Have you been paying monthly as you go? If so, in my opinion that does sound very high. If not (ie you pay for accounting work only when done), then this doesn't sound too bad for a full set of accounts/CT return, as well as the VAT/PAYE tidy up.

Like you suggest, if you will be going through a formal MVL (rather than a strike off), do expect another invoice of give or take the amount you quote from the liquidator.

Comment

Working...
        X