• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye bye Coop, new recs for company bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye bye Coop, new recs for company bank

I got a link from FreeAgent last night about banks which are using the OpenBanking Scheme.

Which bank feeds does FreeAgent support? – FreeAgent

On that list most are Available and some are TBC. Only one has "Not Available", yes that is the Co-operative Bank. Tweeted them this morning and their response was, "erm, we're looking at that, we'll get back to you."

So, looking for recommendations, particularly Starling and Metro Bank.

TIA

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

I'm a huge fan of Starling. The FreeAgent integration is seamless.

Comment

I recommend Starling and Metro Bank....

Is that what you wanted????
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Sage One are claiming Amex aren't part of Open Banking so I kindly shared with them the form where they can register to access the API... Oddly enough, Sage haven't acknowledged that.

Edit: and in answer to the OP. I have a personal account with Metro and not had any issues. I haven't had any business account dealings with them

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          I got a link from FreeAgent last night about banks which are using the OpenBanking Scheme.

Which bank feeds does FreeAgent support? – FreeAgent

On that list most are Available and some are TBC. Only one has "Not Available", yes that is the Co-operative Bank. Tweeted them this morning and their response was, "erm, we're looking at that, we'll get back to you."

So, looking for recommendations, particularly Starling and Metro Bank.

TIA

qh
          You'll not get better FreeAgent integration than with RBS/Natwest
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            You'll not get better FreeAgent integration than with RBS/Natwest
            I was "forced", with a payment of 3k, to move from RBS.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Sage One are claiming Amex aren't part of Open Banking so I kindly shared with them the form where they can register to access the API... Oddly enough, Sage haven't acknowledged that.

Edit: and in answer to the OP. I have a personal account with Metro and not had any issues. I haven't had any business account dealings with them
              I know the CRM team at Metro - it's a decent enough system...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Starling here, plays nicely with Freeagent, instantaneous updates.

Comment

Please ignore me if all is understood but, as I am aware of a similar thing through Cater Allen vis a vis Open Banking, thought I'd chip in.

Cater Allen currently use a Yodlee feed to connect them to Xero. Am told that this feed will no longer work after 14th March.

Cater Allen need to sort some Open Banking functionality to allow seamless connections to Xero by 14th March.

Is the question above considering similar issues? This of some 3rd party feed no longer working after A Date? Starling and Metro may currently have feeds but the question may be to see for how long they have them.

Apologies if all already covered.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                    Please ignore me if all is understood but, as I am aware of a similar thing through Cater Allen vis a vis Open Banking, thought I'd chip in.

Cater Allen currently use a Yodlee feed to connect them to Xero. Am told that this feed will no longer work after 14th March.

Cater Allen need to sort some Open Banking functionality to allow seamless connections to Xero by 14th March.

Is the question above considering similar issues? This of some 3rd party feed no longer working after A Date? Starling and Metro may currently have feeds but the question may be to see for how long they have them.

Apologies if all already covered.
                    yes, any feed that uses yodlee (the most common middleman) will stop working on the 14th March.

You will need to setup an open banking link but some banks (mainly the smaller niche ones) do not have OB yet, I am surprised Coop hasn't got something though
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X