• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS - TLC35 liability cover endorsement - makes cover worthless.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I can't be bothered to read the whole thread again so not sure if it's been mentioned but remember there is a clause where they won't defend a case that's likely to lose. If you purchased it in good faith with, lets say, a valid RoS and at some point the client confirms it will not accept a RoS so likely to fail in court then they will not defend it.
    they'll still pay out though I believe. As long as the insurance was taken in good faith.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      they'll still pay out though I believe. As long as the insurance was taken in good faith.
      I very much doubt that. Their clause explicity says it won't. Insurances are well known for paying when they don't have to aren't they.....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Indeed before the U-turn, they were telling me they'd drop the case immediately by invoking that very clause.

Whether they actually intend to honor their commitment now or will still find a way to bail out again at a later stage is anyone's guess really. But despite my doubts about their sincerity, I choose to error on the side of "maybe" rather than save myself the yearly premiums. And of course hoping I'll never need to find this out in practice.

But if I do have this misfortune to put this insurance to the test, then you can expect this thread to be bumped in a few years from now.

So make what you will of all this. Given what I've experienced, I certainly would not encourage people to put too much faith in this insurance package. But only way to know for sure would be to hear independent stories of success and failure... of which there are none so far AFAICT.

Comment

Working...
        X