• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ER - not scrapped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just catching up with the budget news today.

Thanks for the info, great news for me as just MVL’ing my company.

Needed cheering up today ?

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
      Just catching up with the budget news today.

Needed cheering up today ?
      Have you had your first distribution yet?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if distribution 1 is made this tax year, and then distribution 2 is made post April 6th so new tax year, then you're up 1.2k because the 12k CGT allowance is utilised in 2 tax years?

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
        Yup, and from MVLO's selfish perspective, it's good news too! Haven't checked the small print yet, hopefully no nasties in there. If not, basically won't impact us (or the typical contractor looking to liquidate) at all.

Just wish the team & I hadn't all had a nervous breakdown trying to rush a gazillion liquidation sign ups through in the last month!

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
          Yup, and from MVLO's selfish perspective, it's good news too! Haven't checked the small print yet, hopefully no nasties in there. If not, basically won't impact us (or the typical contractor looking to liquidate) at all.

Just wish the team & I hadn't all had a nervous breakdown trying to rush a gazillion liquidation sign ups through in the last month!
          Who the hell are they?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Who the hell are they?
            Ask your accountant

Comment

Haven't read the detail, just read the title.

God save the Queen.

If we'd had a Corbyn government, he'd have got rid of her.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                Yeah but think of the revenue! This £1 million limit is going to hit you now for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                  Yeah but think of the revenue! This £1 million limit is going to hit you now for sure!
                  We should've copied Uber's "surge" pricing model, then we'd be rich!

At the absolute bargain price we do them for there's no money in it for poor old me

Comment

I wonder if the £1m limit introduced today, includes previous claims for ER.

For example a business owner who sold with say £300k funds in 2012 (or whenever) and claimed ER on this amount. Does that mean he only has £700k left to use when he liquidates his next business?

Or does the £1m lifetime limit begin afresh, from now?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      I wonder if the £1m limit introduced today, includes previous claims for ER.

For example a business owner who sold with say £300k funds in 2012 (or whenever) and claimed ER on this amount. Does that mean he only has £700k left to use when he liquidates his next business?

Or does the £1m lifetime limit begin afresh, from now?
                      I suspect the clue is in the name. So, if you've already claimed past the £1m level, you can't get ER on any future claims.

I've not seen this confirmed anywhere though, but I'd be surprised if it was not this.

Comment

Working...
                      X