• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Engaging a sub-contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engaging a sub-contractor

In a nutshell, I'm on a firmly Outside IR35 contract, and I'm considering bringing in a sub-contractor to help with some of the work, also on an Outside IR35 basis. I'm familiar with SDC and most things IR35. Both my Ltd and his are VAT Registered.

There is a lot of guidance online, but understandably it all pre-dates recent IR35 developments, and I'm also not sure what I need to worry about in terms of AWR or anything else.

Does anyone have the time and knowledge to advise?

Thanks.

No but Google does. Things like AWR are pretty straightforward so a quick search will tick that off your list.

Also try using the forums using Google to see if anyone else has done this. I'm sure there have been plenty of posts on it.

In Google type
    Subcontractor site:contractoruk.com/forums

Try playing around with the first word(s).
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks NLUK, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any gotchas caused by recent events that may bot have filtered their way to the online articles I found.

Appreciate the reply.

Comment

Do you have specific concerns or doubts? Are you worried about IR35 interpretation? Or having the right legal contract with your sub? Or something else?

Comment

Working...
        X