• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounting Apps and Open Banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting Apps and Open Banking

Anyone got a list of which banks/financial institutes still work with bank feeds into the like of FreeAgent/Xero/QuickBooks?

Yes
    • NatWest

No
    • Aldermore
    • American Express
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

The latter two you mention are savings/credit card accounts.

The lion's share of "normal" current accounts now seem to work nicely with open banking. Only a handful don't, including Cater Allen #ShakesFist. I think for credit card/savings it's a bit more niche, ie they're considered lower priority.

Comment

Starling works with FreeAgent.

Comment

Sage has a list on their website
        Sage UKI - Open Banking (PSD2) checker

Surely all other providers like Xero and co would have a similar list?

Comment

Xero has a list, too.

Transferwise still works.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Sage has a list on their website
            Sage UKI - Open Banking (PSD2) checker

Surely all other providers like Xero and co would have a similar list?
            You'd think that
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Anyone got a list of which banks/financial institutes still work with bank feeds into the like of FreeAgent/Xero/QuickBooks?

Yes
              • NatWest

No
              • Aldermore
              • American Express
              Which bank feeds does FreeAgent support? – FreeAgent

Comment

Cater Allen is No.

Was told back in the day they'd have it sorted by the 14th. It isn't.

Then yesterday asked for a Date. There isn't one.

Then asked if they have a date for a Date. 'Wot?' he said. Anyway, they don't have one of those either.

Their new and improved website is a bit clunky too. 18 levels of passwords and texts to make a payment. Am compiling a list of new improvements they can make which will be forwarded once I have hit saturation level. Or fatigue.

Comment

In the interests of transparency and, following my accountant's queries with Xero, this.

"Estimated April 2020 – Cater Allen API became available for Xero to use on 27 February so we are now building and testing the integration."

I do think therefore that the Cater chap on the phone could have been given this information and passed it on. Instead, he unfortunately made it sound like they were lacking. Let's see.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                    Instead, he unfortunately made it sound like they were lacking.
                    I know nothing about their integration project, but anyone who makes CA sound like they are lacking is probably correct and providing a good service.

Comment

Working...
                    X