• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sustitution - is it realistic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Because you can't properly provide a sub for 1 day. The sub should be brought up to speed in the contractors own time and access to client systems needs sorting and it's just not feasible from a business perspective so will be just playing the game.
    I did it. I contacted a guy who had been a perm with the client and retired a couple months previously. Ok, it was 3 days. Doesn't matter, it could have been one day. I paid him. By the CEST definition that's substitution.

Agree that it isn't often practical but it can be done and it kept the project rolling while I had to do something else for a few days.

Comment

Working...
    X