• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Example SOW Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Example SOW Contract

I'm looking for an example of a Statement of Work style contract. I wish to educate a potential client on an alternative approach to 'Inside IR35'. A pro forma of sorts.

Does anyone have one or know where to find one?

Thanks

You shouldn't need a template if there is a clear requirement for a deliverables based approach. If the deliverables aren't clear enough to document in a single table a template won't help.

Just a couple of columns with high level aim, deliverable and outcome is all that's needed.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The SoW replaces the schedule, not the contract. So, for example, how you get paid is in the contract, why you should get paid - i.e. you'ce delivered these things, they meet these standards and have these aprovals - are in the schedule. That way you can amend the deliverables if necessary, or cater for repeat work once that particular requirement has been met. Other things include ownership before and after handover, IP rights, penalties and the rest.

The contract itself should not be a pseudo-employment one that most agencies have to use but a proper B2B one. The IPSE direct template contract is one example of that.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
      X