• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salary for 2020/2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mephisto View Post
    Tax dodgers!
    Ah - the difference between tax evasion (illegal) and tax avoidance ...

Comment

Originally posted by CatOnMat View Post
      Ah - the difference between tax evasion (illegal) and tax avoidance ...
      apart from GAAR makes some avoidance illegal as well. It's no longer as clear cut.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

We recommend £791 salary to our clients with 1 director on the payroll for 2020/21. It is most tax efficient and yes it will require a small payment of Employer's NIC after the end of the tax year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          apart from GAAR makes some avoidance illegal as well. It's no longer as clear cut.
          Indeed. We are all expected to pay our "fair" share....

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
            Who really cares though? We're talking pennies here?
            Indeed. But accountants really are supposed to get the pennies right, so to say something is optimum when it isn't is not great advertising.

For me it's obvious which way to go because I have employees so we have to make those HMRC / PAYE payments anyway. So might as well grab that extra £50 for my wife and me. Combine it and we can have a nice evening out next March, if any of the places we want to go are still in business after coronavirus.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
              On the whole I agree with this. The overall tax difference between ~£8,784 and ~£9,500 is very modest, and the latter will require the small hassle of an additional payment to HMRC not required for the typical client opting for the former. Hence why it wasn't an obvious choice and we debated internally. In the end we feltb slightly bigger risk of clients being annoyed if they felt we'd taken the lazy option and cost them ~£50, than being annoyed about having to make an extra payment that we'd highlight to them in ~13 months time.
              If only your clients were smart enough to hold two thoughts in their mind at once, you could offer them an "easiest" option that costs £50 and a "cheapest" option that saves them £50 but makes them make an extra payment. And let them decide which they like.

This business consulting advice has been offered at no charge, to give your company an idea of the services WIB Business Consulting can offer. However, if you believe WIB Business Consulting even exists, you are too gullible to be our client.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                If only your clients were smart enough to hold two thoughts in their mind at once, you could offer them an "easiest" option that costs £50 and a "cheapest" option that saves them £50 but makes them make an extra payment. And let them decide which they like.
                We did (and still do) that with 2 employee companies (eg H&W) and the employment allowance. Quite often when we give clients a choice the response is along the lines of "just tell me what's best". People active on this forum will be skewed towards the "I take an interest and want to understand" end of the market. Many aren't interested and consider that they pay us to weigh up these things and tell them what's best to do. Of course that applies mainly when it's something with just £50 at stake than something much more significant.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                  We did (and still do) that with 2 employee companies (eg H&W) and the employment allowance. Quite often when we give clients a choice the response is along the lines of "just tell me what's best". People active on this forum will be skewed towards the "I take an interest and want to understand" end of the market. Many aren't interested and consider that they pay us to weigh up these things and tell them what's best to do. Of course that applies mainly when it's something with just £50 at stake than something much more significant.
                  Is husband and wife really a two employee company?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Is husband and wife really a two employee company?
                    What does your accountant say?

Comment

Originally posted by abz2020 View Post
                      What does your accountant say?
                      As least I've got one.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X