• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FreeAgent Alternatives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FreeAgent Alternatives

I've been using FreeAgent for about a year now and have been impressed, works fine and as far as I'm concerned it's value for money.

However, they have now moved to Open Banking feeds, and whilst they support most big banks, they don't as yet support TSB.

I've contacted them a couple of times and been fogged off with :

"We can assure you that we're working closely with the @TSB
    Open Banking team and that our technical teams are working together to do everything they can to resolve the issue as soon as possible."

And similar messages and I'm beginning to feel it's not going to happen - perhaps they don't have many clients who use TSB.

Anyway, I thought the start of a new Financial Year maybe a good point to start with someone else - any recommendations?
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Absolutely no way would I be swapping from an award winning platform that is arguably the best in the market for us just because open banking is delayed. I'd rather swap my bank account to someone that's a bit more forward thinking to be honest.

But, if you insist I believe Xero is the other one but it's a bit heavier than we need.

Does your accountant not offer Freeagent free and may not support your new choice?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

surely moving bank is a lot less cost and easier to do?
      I wouldn't consider moving my accounts as that's a right pain in the arse.

I am in the same boat with Cater Allen. But I can download the informaiton and upload to FA. Just do that weekly as it takes under 5 minutes.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        surely moving bank is a lot less cost and easier to do?
        I wouldn't consider moving my accounts as that's a right pain in the arse.

I am in the same boat with Cater Allen. But I can download the informaiton and upload to FA. Just do that weekly as it takes under 5 minutes.
        I think that's preferable from a security perspective too, but perhaps I am a bit too cynical. I just do not want to leave any potential back door entries open, none more than I have to at any rate. Download from bank/upload to FreeAgent takes a few minutes.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Thanks guys - I was thinking of moving to Starling so they are supported so I'll do that instead.
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

When I was a kid TSB was known as tough tulip bro/bitch. So kinda fits this story well!

Comment

HSBC only offer Open Banking to FA on the current accout, the card and business savings account don't work. That means I have to spend minutes once a month downloading three statements and uploading them in FA... I really have no idea how I manage it all...

Seriously, it's a PITA, but until TSB and HSBC get their act together, it's hardly worth swapping out the best package out there for our kind of business
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                When I was a kid TSB was known as tough tulip bro/bitch. So kinda fits this story well!
                We also use to call each other Joey and spaz but thankfully we grew up. But thanks for that.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  HSBC only offer Open Banking to FA on the current accout, the card and business savings account don't work. That means I have to spend minutes once a month downloading three statements and uploading them in FA... I really have no idea how I manage it all...

Seriously, it's a PITA, but until TSB and HSBC get their act together, it's hardly worth swapping out the best package out there for our kind of business
                  Really, doesn't HSBC charge a monthly fee? Tide is 20p a transaction and my company does about 5 a month.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Really, doesn't HSBC charge a monthly fee? Tide is 20p a transaction and my company does about 5 a month.
                    About £5 a month for the transaction level I need. Or a whole £60 a year. Offset by interest earned of course, of about fourpence.

Given HSBC has delivered a faultless service for the 20-odd years of MyCo's existence - so that's almost £1400 so far over that period - and offers all the services I need, I'm not really that bothered. Focussing on mickey mouse fee is certainly a crap way to decide on who is going to look after your serious money.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X