• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FreeAgent Alternatives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probably a bigger worry is anyone who has more than £85k in the same bank. No protection for anything over that.
    Anyone with a decent warchest will/should have multiple accounts.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      probably a bigger worry is anyone who has more than £85k in the same bank. No protection for anything over that.
      Anyone with a decent warchest will/should have multiple accounts.
      Yeah, and I wouldn't necessarily bank on that either. I've had vague replies about the FSCS as it applies to companies, both from them directly and the banks. I thought the rules used to be pretty clear (based on company size), but they seem less clear now. Here are the vagaries, direct from the horses's mouth:

Small businesses, ltd companies & charities protection |FSCS

Also, NS&I (directly gov't backed to an unlimited amount) isn't available for companies.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        HSBC only offer Open Banking to FA on the current accout, the card and business savings account don't work. That means I have to spend minutes once a month downloading three statements and uploading them in FA... I really have no idea how I manage it all...

Seriously, it's a PITA, but until TSB and HSBC get their act together, it's hardly worth swapping out the best package out there for our kind of business
        I feel your pain, albeit from HSBC to Xero.
        Not only did they change to open banking but they recently changed the card export csv format to put those contactless "wave" symbols in the payment details, which threw out all the Xero payee matching. So I do what you do but also have to edit the data to remove the "waves".
        Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

I've just signed up to Natwest, 18 months free banking and lifetime FreeAgent.
          https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
            I've just signed up to Natwest, 18 months free banking and lifetime FreeAgent.
            NatWest have also recently launched a new digital bank account called Mettle which is free and will also give access to FreeAgent.

Comment

Great to know, thanks.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
              X