FreeAgent Alternatives FreeAgent Alternatives
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Caerdydd
    Posts
    2,002

    Default FreeAgent Alternatives

    I've been using FreeAgent for about a year now and have been impressed, works fine and as far as I'm concerned it's value for money.

    However, they have now moved to Open Banking feeds, and whilst they support most big banks, they don't as yet support TSB.

    I've contacted them a couple of times and been fogged off with :

    "We can assure you that we're working closely with the @TSB
    Open Banking team and that our technical teams are working together to do everything they can to resolve the issue as soon as possible."

    And similar messages and I'm beginning to feel it's not going to happen - perhaps they don't have many clients who use TSB.

    Anyway, I thought the start of a new Financial Year maybe a good point to start with someone else - any recommendations?
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,300

    Default

    Absolutely no way would I be swapping from an award winning platform that is arguably the best in the market for us just because open banking is delayed. I'd rather swap my bank account to someone that's a bit more forward thinking to be honest.

    But, if you insist I believe Xero is the other one but it's a bit heavier than we need.

    Does your accountant not offer Freeagent free and may not support your new choice?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #3

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    surely moving bank is a lot less cost and easier to do?
    I wouldn't consider moving my accounts as that's a right pain in the arse.

    I am in the same boat with Cater Allen. But I can download the informaiton and upload to FA. Just do that weekly as it takes under 5 minutes.
    See You Next Tuesday

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    surely moving bank is a lot less cost and easier to do?
    I wouldn't consider moving my accounts as that's a right pain in the arse.

    I am in the same boat with Cater Allen. But I can download the informaiton and upload to FA. Just do that weekly as it takes under 5 minutes.
    I think that's preferable from a security perspective too, but perhaps I am a bit too cynical. I just do not want to leave any potential back door entries open, none more than I have to at any rate. Download from bank/upload to FreeAgent takes a few minutes.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

  5. #5

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Caerdydd
    Posts
    2,002

    Thumbs up

    Thanks guys - I was thinking of moving to Starling so they are supported so I'll do that instead.
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

  6. #6

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    When I was a kid TSB was known as tough tulip bro/bitch. So kinda fits this story well!

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,825

    Default

    HSBC only offer Open Banking to FA on the current accout, the card and business savings account don't work. That means I have to spend minutes once a month downloading three statements and uploading them in FA... I really have no idea how I manage it all...

    Seriously, it's a PITA, but until TSB and HSBC get their act together, it's hardly worth swapping out the best package out there for our kind of business
    Blog? What blog...?

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by escapeUK View Post
    When I was a kid TSB was known as tough tulip bro/bitch. So kinda fits this story well!
    We also use to call each other Joey and spaz but thankfully we grew up. But thanks for that.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #9

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    24,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    HSBC only offer Open Banking to FA on the current accout, the card and business savings account don't work. That means I have to spend minutes once a month downloading three statements and uploading them in FA... I really have no idea how I manage it all...

    Seriously, it's a PITA, but until TSB and HSBC get their act together, it's hardly worth swapping out the best package out there for our kind of business
    Really, doesn't HSBC charge a monthly fee? Tide is 20p a transaction and my company does about 5 a month.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  10. #10

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Really, doesn't HSBC charge a monthly fee? Tide is 20p a transaction and my company does about 5 a month.
    About £5 a month for the transaction level I need. Or a whole £60 a year. Offset by interest earned of course, of about fourpence.

    Given HSBC has delivered a faultless service for the 20-odd years of MyCo's existence - so that's almost £1400 so far over that period - and offers all the services I need, I'm not really that bothered. Focussing on mickey mouse fee is certainly a crap way to decide on who is going to look after your serious money.
    Blog? What blog...?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •