• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're all paying ourselves about £150k right?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're all paying ourselves about £150k right?

I mean why would we pay dividends when we can get 80% of our wages back?

Tongue in cheek but posted in this forum to focus on the more serious side.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Which is?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I mean why would we pay dividends when we can get 80% of our wages back?

Tongue in cheek but posted in this forum to focus on the more serious side.
      No, 80%, up to a limit of 2.5k per month, for those out of work (for this reason).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        No, 80%, up to a limit of 2.5k per month, for those out of work (for this reason).
        And most likely applying only to those who were employed and paid at least once in previous month - HMRC got all the info

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          And most likely applying only to those who were employed and paid at least once in previous month - HMRC got all the info
          It's based on PAYE registration, not employment, but you cannot do any work for YourCo in order to maintain a "furloughed" status. Is that even possible given the necessary routine company admin? Doubtful.

Comment

Shouldnt this be in General as it's not a serious professional thread?!
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              It's based on PAYE registration, not employment, but you cannot do any work for YourCo in order to maintain a "furloughed" status. Is that even possible given the necessary routine company admin? Doubtful.
              I'm not employed to do the company accounts, I do that as a director
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I'm not employed to do the company accounts, I do that as a director
                You're probably not employed, fullstop, and employment status appears to be irrelevant, anyway, rather PAYE status. The point is that, based on what we know about this scheme so far, "furloughed" means "does no work in relation to those PAYE payments". That is intended to avoid it being abused. We'll need to see the mechanics when they come out, but my strong impression is that a company director might not be eligible at all, assuming they're still satisfying their responsibilities. I am extrapolating, but I think my extrapolation is more likely closer to the reality than your hope.

Comment

It'll be nicely hitting those hardest who are fudging the books - claiming x but earning x + 50%. Certainly hope it's based on what they've submitted; could be quite a few falling foul and being hoisted by their own petard. Thinking taxi drivers, takeaways, the usual cash economy lot who don't declare full earnings.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                  X