• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Governments Wage cover for businesses: Limited Company discussion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Indeed. In fact applying for credit as a contractor has nothing to do with a PAYE salary unless you’re lying about your status.
    Day rate and trading history is sufficient.
    Not quite - many lenders ultimately want to see accounts, including dividends being payed out in a largely maxed-out fashion to the individual. If you're not doing that, they won't all accept "but I'd take the money if I needed it"

The one that did get this was Halifax.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

It would still be nice to know what the deal is with this, if anyone knows. The directors I've spoken to say the govt. has not published any of the restrictions, and I would imagine there will be many. Rumour is it's due to come into effect in April, but back dated to March.

Not all contractors pay a large dividend, some only claim a minimum wage to build plenty of working capital in the company. Some claim a PAYE salary up to the 40% threshold. Everyone has their reasons.

If they ask to see evidence of a P45 then for a 1 man\woman company that's not going to work for many Ltd. Co. contractors. No one left to run the company.

The 'offering' may also ask for a JSA number, meaning you have to sign-on. FYI; many insurance companies do this to save them having to prove you lost your job, if you have a policy covering this event (e.g. mortgage payment protection). When you lose your JSA number because you found a new job, or were thrown off JSA due to non-attendance, or too many 'sanctions' you also lose the insurance payment as well. Check your T&Cs. Crafty.

The devil is in the detail.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        Not quite - many lenders ultimately want to see accounts, including dividends being payed out in a largely maxed-out fashion to the individual. If you're not doing that, they won't all accept "but I'd take the money if I needed it"

The one that did get this was Halifax.
        I used draft accounts to get my remortgage. They did contact my accountant as well.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

6 months remaining on contract, plus tax return and previous year's Accounts.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
          X