• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside gig and notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside gig and notice

All,

I was due to start an inside gig from 6th April (talk about timing!!!) and unfortunately been told by that on my return I will be on notice. Having read Govt advisory on the support, I am real confused on how this works for a contractor working through Rec agency, i.e. -> Me > Umbrella > Rec Agency > Business.

Is someone like myself protected under govt announcements? Also, where do one usually find the notice period details? I have checked contract provided through Umbrella but cant see it anywhere.

Rp

Speak to your umbrella. They are your employer and have the contract. They should also be more than aware of what the Gov is doing.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ta mate! I will reach out to them.

Rp

Comment

Inside gig and notice

The end client may be prepared to pay your entire notice period even though you have not started - this happened to me once at HSBC (never heard of it happening to anyone else) also places like RBS and Lloydes will happily pay your notice period if asked to leave immediately (as they see you as a permietractor anyway) - fo you need to actually work your notice ?

But beware - majority will tell you to sling your hook

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          The end client may be prepared to pay your entire notice period even though you have not started - this happened to me once at HSBC (never heard of it happening to anyone else) also places like RBS and Lloydes will happily pay your notice period if asked to leave immediately (as they see you as a permietractor anyway) - fo you need to actually work your notice ?

But beware - majority will tell you to sling your hook

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Cheers mate, appreciate the insight! I dont really want to work but I had turned down a good gig because of this and I am two minded on being a good samaritan and not burn the bridge or go all in saying you can not fire me per govt advisory! that said, more I read, more I am confused about it (re if it is an advisory or a piece of legislation!)

Comment

Working...
          X