Government packages Government packages - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Posts 91 to 94 of 94

Contractor Among Contractors

So what does this mean in practicality?

I would suggest

* work from home allowance is out (thought I'd mention it as many habitually claim this)
    * what about applying for roles?
    * does furlough stop if you attend an interview?

Or is it a case of no clients = furloughed in this special case only?

My post count is Majestic

[QUOTE=PerfectStorm;2751171]
    * work from home allowance is out (thought I'd mention it as many habitually claim this)
    Why on earth would you think that? That is for securing work premises for your company. Nothing to do with employment.
    * what about applying for roles?
    * does furlough stop if you attend an interview?

Or is it a case of no clients = furloughed in this special case only?
    IMO opion the job of a contractor is to first win work and then do it. So any kind of hunting for a gig is you getting on with your job so not furloughed.

I can see an argument for it being any revenue generating work but if you think like a business you are a salesman, HR, recruitment manager and well as an IT bod. Carrying any of those activities out is carrying on with business IMO.
    Last edited by northernladuk; Today at 12:02.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post

Why on earth would you think that? That is for securing work premises for your company. Nothing to do with employment.

IMO opion the job of a contractor is to first win work and then do it. So any kind of hunting for a gig is you getting on with your job so not furloughed.

I can see an argument for it being any revenue generating work but if you think like a business you are a salesman, HR, recruitment manager and well as an IT bod. Carrying any of those activities out is carrying on with business IMO.
    I would argue that any contract is won by the individual who, upon winning the work, can then decide whether to use their limited company or work via say an umbrella company. After all it's only after you've seen the client and the terms and conditions offered can you decide the most appropriate method of working based on the IR35 situation.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    I would argue that any contract is won by the individual who, upon winning the work, can then decide whether to use their limited company or work via say an umbrella company. After all it's only after you've seen the client and the terms and conditions offered can you decide the most appropriate method of working based on the IR35 situation.
    An interesting view. I was thinking in theory if the business expands it would require other people to do that work so IMO they are distinct business activities all rolling up to make the consultancy.

Depends if you see yourself as a business or a sole trader just using a tax vehicle I guess so could be a very valid point.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!