• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government packages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
    Are you a limited company?

If so this doesn't apply to you anyway as you aren;t "self-employed" in the defintion here.

You are a PAYE employee with dividend income - so you come under the other scheme - but of course as a director you can't furlough yourself
    Hi Oilboil,
    I understood directors could also apply for the 80% contribution toward their salaries ? I read the following on the ICAEW website...
    Owner/managed companies
    2. Many owner managed company director/shareholders pay small salaries and the balance of income as dividends. The scheme does not extend to dividends. Only the salary is relevant to the scheme.

Comment

Need the Contractor bodies and accountants to chew this over and give a summary.

My operating assumption is that, other than for mortgage holidays and deferred payment of tax from July to Jan 2021, we get zero of any kind of support.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Rishi making the argument that we all should pay tax the same if we’re all getting treated the same now

So by that logic, if we’re not being treated the same now, then...
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

So if ltd and no premises or newly Limited in the last year you’re fooked

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            Rishi making the argument that we all should pay tax the same if we’re all getting treated the same now

So by that logic, if we’re not being treated the same now, then...
            That will be conveniently forgotten when the changes come in

Comment

Need the Contractor bodies and accountants to chew this over and give a summary.

My operating assumption is that, other than for mortgage holidays and deferred payment of tax from July to Jan 2021, we get zero of any kind of support.
              The only bit may be the 80% of director salary?

Comment

I don't think this covers LtdCo contractors - it's all off the SATR, which is how self employed declare their profits.

I think I read somewhere that they'd confirmed we could furlough ourselves, so would get the 80% of salary (not dividends).

I think the 50K profit thing is a massive mistake - it's not a huge amount, and people will have big mortgages etc to pay. There is no (AFAIK) restriction on the salary scheme - you could be on £200K and furloughed and get your handout.

Comment

Whilst there has been a bit of tinkering with the margins - people here will have shelled out many times more on corporation tax, income tax, brought VAT to the treasury.. etc

I've probably paid more than Amazon this year
                  This isn't "everyone gets money". It's about helping those who actually need it. So no, if you've paid a fortune to HMRC building up your riches, they don't think you need help to put food on the table.

Bad luck

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

For the (probably very tiny) proportion of us who have chosen to operate our businesses from premises separate to our homes and been claiming Small Business Rate Relief for those - the documentation on this scheme is available here (PDF link): https://assets.publishing.service.go...uidance-v2.pdf

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that the Government looked at what IPSE and Mr Chaplin wanted and instantly removed anything that might help the people they were talking about.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X