• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government packages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    anyway the face palming and NMW is a moot point possibly, this confirms PSC directors are covered and no mention of the risks from the previous article (penned by the same author)

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme extends to limited company directors
    Yep I posted that on another thread this morning....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sweet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

anyway the face palming and NMW is a moot point possibly, this confirms PSC directors are covered and no mention of the risks from the previous article (penned by the same author)

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme extends to limited company directors
        That's weird - we've been in and out of that package several times this week. What's involved. Is there a formal process in 'furloughing' directors for example and as soon as you start emailing potential clients/recruiters or attending interviews, are you out of it?
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

@paullewismoney: HMRC has confirmed that people who pay themselves a salary and dividends through their own company are not covered by the self employed scheme but will be covered for their PAYE salary but not the dividends by the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.

@paullewismoney: If it is just one person it is clearly odd but apparently possible for them to furlough themselves NB the rules state they must give/get notice in writing. Once furloughed they must stay at home and do no work for their own company.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            That's weird - we've been in and out of that package several times this week. What's involved. Is there a formal process in 'furloughing' directors for example and as soon as you start emailing potential clients/recruiters or attending interviews, are you out of it?
            you are right, it is weird.... absolutely not clear!
            get your partner / son/ daughter/ father / mother / aunt / uncle to phone recruiters for you?
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              hang on a sec your profile location has said "yes I have asked my accountant" - they didn't have an answer then

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Yep I posted that on another thread this morning....
                sorry I was only following 1 thread I can't follow loads with unclear titles and discussions going off on a tangent

Comment

sorry I was only following 1 thread I can't follow loads with unclear titles and discussions going off on a tangent
                  Given that we are talking about potentially freebie money I don't think it's too much to expect you to glance through the threads or even just check my recent posts...

Either way one more person to add to my rapidly growing ignore list (on the basis that you are too lazy and arrogant to do any research).
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Given that we are talking about potentially freebie money I don't think it's too much to expect you to glance through the threads or even just check my recent posts...

Either way one more person to add to my rapidly growing ignore list (on the basis that you are too lazy and arrogant to do any research).
                    Well a link as hint would have been nice. And how am I to know it is YOUR posts that I must find and read?

But never mind.

You are king around here obviously.

I don't have time to spend hours trawling through millions of posts looking for needles in a haystack - I have enough to do as I am super busy arranging volunteers to go to old people's houses to deliver prescriptions or do food shopping.

You can ignore me if you wish it really doesn't bother me.

In the meantime I will remain ignorant and you can continue wasting your own time with your own face palming.

And to think this is the legal/accounting forum. This place gets nastier as time goes on.
                    Last edited by MPwannadecentincome; 27 March 2020, 21:29.

Comment

Please if you know of other threads talking about the same thing, just post them in the this thread.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X