• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Portfolio Newbie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share Portfolio Newbie

Hi,

I hope everyone is keep safe and well.

I'm hoping someone can help - I'm looking at investing some of my Ltd company funds into some shares and wondering how I do this?

Many thanks in advance.

Kindest Regards,
    B.

Go on to Vanguard and invest in LifeStrategy 60%

(My son is an asset manager with one of the top banks. That's what always says. No matter what the question)
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by balbas View Post
      I'm looking at investing some of my Ltd company funds into some shares
      Don't. Search this forum for why it's a bad idea if you don't do it very very carefully. And even then...
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

the only "investment" I'd consider for my company would be gold sovereigns.

The reason being that they are legal tender and might possibly avoid any of the complications of yourCO becoming an investment trading company.
        Theoretically I could also pay dividends with those coins.....

Having said that. I have no legal evidence to suggest that it's fine. It just seems more likely.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If you don't know and can't be bothered to research it I'd suggest you don't bother.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            the only "investment" I'd consider for my company would be gold sovereigns.

The reason being that they are legal tender and might possibly avoid any of the complications of yourCO becoming an investment trading company.
            Theoretically I could also pay dividends with those coins.....

Having said that. I have no legal evidence to suggest that it's fine. It just seems more likely.
            Those cheap looking rings men of a certain type like to wear?

Comment

Originally posted by balbas View Post
              Hi,

I hope everyone is keep safe and well.

I'm hoping someone can help - I'm looking at investing some of my Ltd company funds into some shares and wondering how I do this?

Many thanks in advance.

Kindest Regards,
              B.
              I’ve got magic beans for sale £100 a pop - you look like the ideal candidate to buy my beans in a bear market

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Those cheap looking rings men of a certain type like to wear?
                What type exactly do you mean?
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  I’ve got magic beans for sale £100 a pop - you look like the ideal candidate to buy my beans in a bear market

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  Do you have an infinite supply of magic beans or are you selling the same lot to everyone?

Comment

Working...
                  X