• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office Rental - expense...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business rents office and you are asking if that is allowable? Honestly....

Unless there is something else to this we don't know as there often is with `Can I' questions... But then this could be just be a genuine but ridiculous question.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You are at risk of sounding like a contractor running at a business
      https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Could I have been paying my business accountancy fees from my business account all this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Highland View Post
          Could I have been paying my business accountancy fees from my business account all this time?

It depends... Do your business accountancy fees cover business accountancy for your business?

Comment

In hindsight, it did sound like something for Captain Obvious...however since I've been claiming home office expenses previously to suddenly expense an office too might have seemed marginal. I've simply cut off the home expenses expenses and yes deffo put the lease in my CoName cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ApeShape View Post
              In hindsight, it did sound like something for Captain Obvious...however since I've been claiming home office expenses previously to suddenly expense an office too might have seemed marginal. I've simply cut off the home expenses expenses and yes deffo put the lease in my CoName cheers
              STOP THE PRESS: You can claim both.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Use of home is even going up from £4 a week to £6 from 6 April...

Renting an office is fine unless you've been booted out of home too due to isolation etc. I don't think you're allowed to kip at the office though. Perhaps if you fell asleep at your desk you maybe ok.... Seriously though, fine to rent an office, have a company mobile phone, pay for stationery, accountancy fees etc and probably hand sanitisers for the office if you can find any. As someone has mentioned, whether any offices are open is a different situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post
                  Use of home is even going up from £4 a week to £6 from 6 April...

Renting an office is fine unless you've been booted out of home too due to isolation etc. I don't think you're allowed to kip at the office though. Perhaps if you fell asleep at your desk you maybe ok.... Seriously though, fine to rent an office, have a company mobile phone, pay for stationery, accountancy fees etc and probably hand sanitisers for the office if you can find any. As someone has mentioned, whether any offices are open is a different situation.
                  Unless under an umbrella of-course

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Unless under an umbrella of-course

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    Of course.

It's assumed the OP is running their own biz since they made reference to "put it through the books".

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post
                      Of course.

It's assumed the OP is running their own biz since they made reference to "put it through the books".
                      That's quite an assumption with the posts we've been having over the last few months
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X