• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Supervision, Direction, or Control" vs contractual law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jolly fellopian View Post
    Fair enough, but do you think they are breaching the SDC term and hence I have grounds to walk (no notice)?
    If you want to walk why not just self-isolate?
    At the end of the day there is no slave trade. They can't make you work. They worst they can do is withhold payment.
    If you don't want to do something they are askling you to that's extra, just say no. They might bin you on the spot but that's the way it is.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by jolly fellopian View Post
      It could be construed as within the services I am contractually obliged to provide. But my contract also states no supervision, direction or control by the client. They are specifying how I deliver. They hired me for my expertise, not to deliver crap work. I've got better things to be doing with my time, paid or unpaid.

Fair enough, but do you think they are breaching the SDC term and hence I have grounds to walk (no notice)?
      Blimey, so complicated.

If you want to leave just give your notice and be unavailable for any work during said notice period due to personal reasons. They can't force you to do anything.

I'm sure the client will just get a replacement and everyone will be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        So they want to use MS Access and you want to use a proper database, or something similar?

Or is it a methodology issue?
        Either of those are my guess and I doubt it is anything to really do with SDC.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X