• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking the piss? Expenses...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the piss? Expenses...

Before FY close I thought I'd treat myself (ahem my company) to relatively modest purchase. Samsung S10+? Obviously, I'd be claiming that as computer/office equipment. Or would this be seen as an excessive purchase...?

The value doesn't matter. What matters is the expenditure must be incurred wholly, exclusively and necessarily for the purposes of the business.

Comment

Originally posted by ApeShape View Post
      Before FY close I thought I'd treat myself (ahem my company) to relatively modest purchase. Samsung S10+? Obviously, I'd be claiming that as computer/office equipment. Or would this be seen as an excessive purchase...?
      It's fine.

Comment

It has nothing to do with the financial tax year. Only your companies tax year. Your company tax year is not this weekend.....

What does your accountant say?
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Employers are allowed to provide one mobile phone for personal and/or business use to their employees - there's no stipulation on what said device may or may not cost. If you already have a company phone, you can sell it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            It has nothing to do with the financial tax year. Only your companies tax year. Your company tax year is not this weekend.....

What does your accountant say?
            Maybe they want to put it on their P11D as a BIK?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Maybe they want to put it on their P11D as a BIK?

A very good point...

@OP???
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I hope so as I got the s20 ultra.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                X