Taking the piss? Expenses... Taking the piss? Expenses...
Posts 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    25

    Default Taking the piss? Expenses...

    Before FY close I thought I'd treat myself (ahem my company) to relatively modest purchase. Samsung S10+? Obviously, I'd be claiming that as computer/office equipment. Or would this be seen as an excessive purchase...?

  2. #2

    Godlike

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,414

    Default

    The value doesn't matter. What matters is the expenditure must be incurred wholly, exclusively and necessarily for the purposes of the business.

  3. #3

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    24,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApeShape View Post
    Before FY close I thought I'd treat myself (ahem my company) to relatively modest purchase. Samsung S10+? Obviously, I'd be claiming that as computer/office equipment. Or would this be seen as an excessive purchase...?
    It's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #4

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    It has nothing to do with the financial tax year. Only your companies tax year. Your company tax year is not this weekend.....

    What does your accountant say?
    See You Next Tuesday

  5. #5

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near London, UK
    Posts
    4,240

    Default

    Employers are allowed to provide one mobile phone for personal and/or business use to their employees - there's no stipulation on what said device may or may not cost. If you already have a company phone, you can sell it on.

  6. #6

    Godlike

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    It has nothing to do with the financial tax year. Only your companies tax year. Your company tax year is not this weekend.....

    What does your accountant say?
    Maybe they want to put it on their P11D as a BIK?


  7. #7

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Maybe they want to put it on their P11D as a BIK?

    A very good point...


    @OP???
    See You Next Tuesday

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning

    BlueSharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    889

    Default

    I hope so as I got the s20 ultra.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •