• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contractor to permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contractor to permie

Hi all

I have ended my short stint in the world of contracting and taken up a permie role. I want to keep the ltd company running for atleast a couple of months just in case.

Has anyone got any tips - best way to extract the remaining profits in the company bank account or just any tips in general from when moving from contractor back to permie?

Originally posted by ContractingBrit View Post
    Hi all

I have ended my short stint in the world of contracting and taken up a permie role. I want to keep the ltd company running for atleast a couple of months just in case.

Has anyone got any tips - best way to extract the remaining profits in the company bank account or just any tips in general from when moving from contractor back to permie?
    Yeah, your accountant.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Yeah, your accountant.
      Thanks sherlock!

I want to discuss with people and know about their experiences on the forum, if it is okay with you?

Comment

Thanks sherlock!

I want to discuss with people and know about their experiences on the forum, if it is okay with you?
        Fill yer boots.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi all

You've got today to sort out anything for this tax year.
          Tax efficient options for extracting dividends are limited once you receive a larger PAYE salary.
          The "best way" depends on lots of factors. IMO the best way is to understand the options at a high level and make your own judgement call.

personally I'd keep my LTD. going until I knew for sure I'd never use it again. But that's me and I know my circumstances.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Hi all

Pay yourself dividends up to higher rate tax threshold, before the 5th of April.

Comment

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
              Pay yourself dividends up to higher rate tax threshold, before the 5th of April.
              today

tick. tock....
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Yes have maximised the dividends for this year.

For the new tax year, does the salary from permie job count towards dividend threshold?

Comment

For the new tax year, does the salary from permie job count towards dividend threshold?
                  Lol - yes

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

As grim as NLUK can be, he's absolutely right. Your accountant is paid to help you with your individual circumstances.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X