• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Micro Entity annual tax return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro Entity annual tax return

So, I'm coming to the end of my second tax year as a contractor. I've never used an accountant before and on the whole, it has been fairly straight forward (as I only receive one invoice a month, very little expenses etc, so opt not to use one). I did a micro entity tax return in my first year, but it's been so long, I've forgotten some of the terminology when I go to file. Is there a way that I can download my previous submitted tax return from last year, so I can figure it out again? Or is there a step by step guide that someone knows of on YouTube etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Originally posted by BillyPilgrim View Post
    . I've never used an accountant before and on the whole, it has been fairly straight forward.
    That's what everyone says when they come on looking for free advice.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      That's what everyone says when they come on looking for free advice.
      Well, you're a charmer.

Comment

Maybe something here may help?

Urgently need help filling out Micro-entity balance sheet please! | UK Business Forums

Most of the questions on AccountingWeb have the response "get an accountant" but maybe a search there could turn up what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Maybe something here may help?

Urgently need help filling out Micro-entity balance sheet please! | UK Business Forums

Most of the questions on AccountingWeb have the response "get an accountant" but maybe a search there could turn up what you need.
          Great, thank you for the link. Much appreciated

Comment

Well, you're a charmer.
            He is a charmer

However, much as I'd prefer him to be a little less blunt sometimes, he is completely correct here...

Comment

So, I'm coming to the end of my second tax year as a contractor. I've never used an accountant before and on the whole, it has been fairly straight forward (as I only receive one invoice a month, very little expenses etc, so opt not to use one). I did a micro entity tax return in my first year, but it's been so long, I've forgotten some of the terminology when I go to file. Is there a way that I can download my previous submitted tax return from last year, so I can figure it out again? Or is there a step by step guide that someone knows of on YouTube etc?

Many thanks in advance.
              You can't download last years submission (you can with the Companies House filing but not the Corp Tax Assessment) - you need to download a PDF of the submission before you submit it (or just after) if you want (and you should want) to retain a copy.

Ultimately micro-accounts are a piece of pi55 and you should be able to reverse engineer most of it with a couple of hours brain scratching if you have a decent grasp of maths and accounting (and if you don't you really shouldn't be doing accounting yourself without help).

If you get this wrong, even a reletively small non-compliance fines will make the saving on an accountant seem like a very costly oversight

(FULL DISCLOSURE : I do my own accounts, and I would still say unless you are a qualified accountant, don't do this stuff without help - (I am a qualified Accountant, and so are my parents - they still practice accounting, I moved on)

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
                He is a charmer

However, much as I'd prefer him to be a little less blunt sometimes, he is completely correct here...
                Are you trying to circumvent the swear filter there or did you really mean blunt?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X