• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

6 April deadline

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Cater Allen to Lloyds can.
    Cater Allen to anywhere can. Their payment system is pretty poor. But then again it's a free service.

Don't start an argument with Tarbie though. He invented faster payments you know
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      What business bank account takes over a day to make a payment ?

To answer my own question = None

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Actually it's Cater Allen. I never bothered to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        As suggested above, just add a journal set for the dividend declared. For example, in FreeAgent:

Posting journal sets to create a dividend – FreeAgent

It’s then credited to your DLA and can be paid out whenever (the payment being debited from your DLA).
        Ahh, I'm not registered with FreeAgent but my Accountant should be, so maybe declaring through them automatically credits my DLA.
        So maybe the labeling as interim vs final doesn't make any difference if the paperwork is meant to be for my own records (and like someone said I can tear up theirs and make my own Minutes).

Not sure how to explain declaring two dividends in a row as final though, maybe I'll have to class one of them as interim.

Thanks for the help everyone.
        Last edited by PK2; 5 April 2020, 12:55.

Comment

Originally posted by PK2 View Post
          Actually it's Cater Allen. I never bothered to switch.
          I'm not registered with FreeAgent
          You know what your first jobs in the new financial year are then don't you.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You know what your first jobs in the new financial year are then don't you.
            Thing is, who actually offers safe(r) free banking these days?

I must admit I have no idea

Don't start an argument with Tarbie though. He invented faster payments you know
            As if I would ever start an argument with anyone Lance
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Thing is, who actually offers safe(r) free banking these days?
              Mettle a NatWest thing. Free agent provided as well.
              Only problem is £10k transaction limit. Easy setup though and it’s good to have several if you’re warchest is over the FSCS protection limit.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

My company pays an annual dividend and I factor in expected income from a savings account.

I noticed that because interest rates were lowered, I have about £125 remaining to reach the lower tax limit.

Has anyone's company paid such a small dividend?

Thanks.

Comment

Do you really want to piss about for percentage savings on 125 quid?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No, actually I don't. I had a moment of inspiration from this thread but then realised my wife would need to file a self assessment. While it's probably dead simple, my accountant handles that and the fee would outweigh the dividend.

Comment

Originally posted by concord View Post
                      No, actually I don't. I had a moment of inspiration from this thread but then realised my wife would need to file a self assessment. While it's probably dead simple, my accountant handles that and the fee would outweigh the dividend.
                      it's academic now. but....
                      why would taking £125 extra in dividends, on top of the presumaby c. £40k you've already taken, have any impact on the cost of your wife's SA?

What have you NOT told us?
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X