• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just curious how everyone else’s invoice payments are going?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious how everyone else’s invoice payments are going?

As above, just curious really if everyone else on here has had their March invoices paid or is still on track. I was with Henderson Scott until 31 March and they have not paid and are saying end client has to pay first.

My ex client is due to pay March in about 10 days. I have no reason to believe it will be withheld.

What does your contract say regarding payment terms. If it's not a paid when paid contract then quote the relevant clause back at them.

Comment

My contract had a clause that allows them, at their discretion, to withhold payment until the client pays. I have no reason to believe the end client won’t pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Finance Contractor View Post
        My contract had a clause that allows them, at their discretion, to withhold payment until the client pays. I have no reason to believe the end client won’t pay.
        You should always try and avoid those, hence why I used to insist on being paid weekly.

Working direct can be worse, I had to wait 3 months to get paid on one contract.
        Even then that involved me totally throwing my toys out of the pram, after which they paid on time each month.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yes, definitely dropped the ball on this one and should have asked for it to be removed or looked elsewhere.

Comment

One US client that is being much tardier than normal, but fortunately not for a large amount, sub 10k. Otherwise, no issues so far, but it’s probably too soon. Will see later in April when other invoices are due...

Comment

I'm in a slightly odd situation in that I contract through a consultancy (A proper one, with consultants) with relatively long payment terms. They're small which does worry me, but I know their major client (who I'm also working for) has committed to paying suppliers and third parties.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                I'm in a slightly odd situation in that I contract through a consultancy (A proper one, with consultants) with relatively long payment terms. They're small which does worry me, but I know their major client (who I'm also working for) has committed to paying suppliers and third parties.
                Committed will turn into “goal’ then ‘hopefully’ then ‘at some point’ then ‘never’

Standard mat Hancock play book here from supplier

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Getting paid 100% of mine ... there aren't any
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

That reminds me - I must issue my March invoice. And chase up January and February.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X