• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End user engagement, restrictive clause on contract...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iguy2008 View Post
    I can understand why an agent would not want it be true, but it's likely s that if an extension was 3 month and the handcuff clause was 12 months then a court may consider this an unreasonable restriction amounting to restraint of trade.
    I know this from having to go down the legal route with an agency due to this.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    I no longer work for an agency. I know from 20 years experience of enforcing this when I did......

PS Your assumption should be that most agencies would go after the client (they have money) not the contractor.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

I'm not assuming anything. I'm telling you and the op what the solicitor I engaged to look into this said.

It's a petty that with all your experience that you cannot offer some useful advice to the op rather than provding curt and accurate statements.
      Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
      I no longer work for an agency. I know from 20 years experience of enforcing this when I did......

PS Your assumption should be that most agencies would go after the client (they have money) not the contractor.
      Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Noted.

My advice to the OP would be to have his client hammer out a deal with the agency. I suspect they’d get a good deal right now.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
        X