End user engagement, restrictive clause on contract... End user engagement, restrictive clause on contract... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 13 of 13

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by iguy2008 View Post
    I can understand why an agent would not want it be true, but it's likely s that if an extension was 3 month and the handcuff clause was 12 months then a court may consider this an unreasonable restriction amounting to restraint of trade.
    I know this from having to go down the legal route with an agency due to this.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    I no longer work for an agency. I know from 20 years experience of enforcing this when I did......

PS Your assumption should be that most agencies would go after the client (they have money) not the contractor.

Still gathering requirements...

I'm not assuming anything. I'm telling you and the op what the solicitor I engaged to look into this said.

It's a petty that with all your experience that you cannot offer some useful advice to the op rather than provding curt and accurate statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    I no longer work for an agency. I know from 20 years experience of enforcing this when I did......

PS Your assumption should be that most agencies would go after the client (they have money) not the contractor.
    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Fingers like lightning

Noted.

My advice to the OP would be to have his client hammer out a deal with the agency. I suspect they’d get a good deal right now.