• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client requests to see Insurance Policy Schedules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daydream View Post
    I have been contracting for a client for many years.

Out of the blue this morning they have asked to see my Insurance Schedules for Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance.

Is this normal?

Being a good contractor I have both of course, but the schedules include the annual renewal fees, and I'm not sure why they need to see these.
    Very normal.

Use MS Paint or similar to blank the fees out.

Keeeeep billing!
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by daydream View Post
      I have been contracting for a client for many years.

Out of the blue this morning they have asked to see my Insurance Schedules for Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance.

Is this normal?

Being a good contractor I have both of course, but the schedules include the annual renewal fees, and I'm not sure why they need to see these.
      No, it's not normal. Im surprised so many here think it is. It is normal for the agency to ask this not the client. Your contract is with the agency (unless you're direct).

Would I be happy to show them the certificates and your renewal costs? Perhaps the certificates but renewal costs? Nope, none of their business. Your certificates, if you agreed to show them, will have the period of cover on them.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Would I be happy to show them the certificates and your renewal costs? Perhaps the certificates but renewal costs? Nope, none of their business.
        I can see how you selected your username.

Comment

No, it's not normal. Im surprised so many here think it is. It is normal for the agency to ask this not the client. Your contract is with the agency (unless you're direct).

Would I be happy to show them the certificates and your renewal costs? Perhaps the certificates but renewal costs? Nope, none of their business. Your certificates, if you agreed to show them, will have the period of cover on them.
          Correct. Which is why I said to scan them in and blank the costs out. Tesco, Asda, Aldi, etc all see each others' retail prices, but no way they're going to share salary or food buying costs.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Every single banking contract I need to produce my cert otherwise bye bye

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Every single banking contract I need to produce my cert otherwise bye bye
              Correct, but you don't show what the premium value is, just the insurance values.

Comment

What does it matter if the certificate shows the price you paid for it?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  What does it matter if the certificate shows the price you paid for it?
                  Apparently it's either a principle or sensitive commercial information that the client could share with your competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Apparently it's either a principle or sensitive commercial information that the client could share with your competitors.
                    The former - it's Bolshie we're talking about here.

Comment

Working...
                    X