• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WFH and expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Yes it's pro-rated. But as mentioned earlier in the thread, just claim it monthly as an expense claim to your CO. I can't be arsed to count the weeks since April 6th till end of this month so I'll say that you're probably correct.

Yes there's a monthly. That's £26 (6 x 52 / 12)
    Rate confirmed here:
    Claim tax relief for your job expenses: Working at home - GOV.UK

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
      !! 6 quid a week, is it really worth the effort
      It isn't really any effort, I work from home all the time. I just claim the amount every 6 months. I'd rather have 300 quid a year in my pocket tax-free rather than 240 quid and 60 quid taken off in tax.

It isn't any effort (well ok it's 30 seconds effort to raise the expense in XERO)

Comment

Working...
      X